Thursday, January 31, 2008

Off To London Again

Alan flys out to see Sharon next week and check on her. I wish, very much so, that I could go with. But I can't. So he shall send my love for me. While he is gone, I get the dog. The DOG - the one pictured above - that will FREAK OUT when dad is gone. The one that has all his "stuff in Wisconsin" and babysits the "usual spots" where his "stuff" used to live in Illinois - as if the items will magically appear if he wishes hard enough. On top of that, he insists on being hand fed - or almost hand fed. We have to hold his bowl (my corningware baking dish) for him as he eats. In how many languages can you say SPOILED! (German: Verdorben - Dutch: Bedorven - Spanish: Estropeado - Italian: Guastato - and Greek: Χαλασμένος) The Greek have pretty letters. The italian - I think their word for spoiled is classic. But I digress. Needless to say, I am for a few days of the dog putting on his own version of "A Greek Tragedy."

I am going to see mom the weekend of my birthday (2/15-2/18) and Alan will stay home with the dog and cats. I cancelled my Key West trip for May. The Singer/Songwriter Festival will (sadly) go on without me. They just don't know what they are missing in Key West. Ha ha. I may try to fly to The Netherlands to see Sharon in May.

Alyssa is getting ready to go to London. This time she has to pack her room for the movers to take to the new house. This one may still be unsold by the time she comes back (with the way the market is), but in any case, all her stuff is going to Wisconsin "just in case". Her Visa is valid only until May 30th - so that means while she is over there she will have to get it extended to complete the program year. They (they, being the British Visa People), are waiting for the final tuition payment to be made to extend her Visa to the end of the program. In my opinion, another way to soak another $210 out of us and I have no idea how that works while she is there. Here, she had to send her passport in, whereas there, she is required to have it on her. But that is what being 21 is all about. She will have to figure it out. 

So stress, I have no stress - just have to get her to the airport on time for Monday - and off she goes. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be her age again - but with options. And my quotes sadly did not readjust her. I got "the look". But London will readjust her. I am looking forward to the changes.

No comments: