Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Long drives and nights out at the local WalMart

I have settled in nicely. The drive to work is long, but my satellite radio keeps me good company. I may need a new one soon. It seems to have antenna issues - but then I switch to my Ipod - the best of both worlds. I especially love all the news feeds - I get Fox News (my favorite) and CNN. Then there is the comedy channels to make me laugh as I get closer to work. I am almost guaranteed to come in with a smile no matter how bad the construction traffic is (and it is bad).

Just once I got stopped by a train and I captured this picture with my camera. Until I get to the highway, the scenery is just beautiful. I can't complain. I bet even the snow will be pretty, slipping and sliding all the way in.

Most of our nights out this summer involved going to places in the Village, concerts on the Square, and our favorite weekly event - the nightly trip to the large Walmart the next town over. Some weekends we try to figure out what to do and go hang out at the Walmart just for fun (seriously). Last night was groceries and appliances. Alan started to do the speed walk through the store when he realized it was 7pm. He was missing Rat Patrol - an old favorite of his available on our cable channel. So at the checkout he abandoned me to get the car and have it waiting for a quick get-away.

Our check-out clerk, young college student, easy on the eye (wink wink) gave me a quizzical look. I said "oh, we have a hot date." He asked what. I laughed and said TV - Rat Patrol is on. He then had to ask "What is Rat Patrol". I told him he was obviously too young to remember that show. I said, you know, this is a day I realized I married my father. And he gave me this shocked look. I said oh, just wait, 20 years into marriage you'll look at your wife and realize you married your mother. He said, "oh, oh, that is sooo sooo Freudian - I don't think so". I said sure you will. That one out there (and I pointed to the exit) listens to Sinatra all the way to Minnesota until I am crazy. 10 hours of Sinatra. He then says "I love Frank, I fall asleep to him". I said "Are you sure you aren't his son?" I then thanked him for my groceries and made a graceful exit (for once). He is probably still trying to figure out who to marry so she is not like his mother! I wish I could put the shocked tone of his voice into this writing!

Well, home I am for the night and we need to clean, do laundry, clean piggers cage and all those good things. But I just want to take a nap. Maybe the nap will win. Ciao!

No comments: