Thursday, February 07, 2008

Snowed In


The snow began yesterday. By 10:30am Richard had borrowed the neighbor's snowblower and was trying to dig us out slowly. Richard and I both have the flu - so it has been a tough week. He is younger then me and in better shape, so off he was sent to do the work. We have great neighbors because as the snow continued, he snowblowed my driveway twice more after Richard left for work.

Q has found the snow too deep for his liking. He is refusing to go down the deck stairs and absolutely making me miserable with him. (I guess the adage "misery loves company" works for dogs too.) I went to take a picture and couldn't resist the squirrels chasing each other on the back fence. What I didn't capture was that the rear squirrel kept slipping. He or she managed to hold on and make it to the end of the fence and up the tree to almost safety.

We're expecting more snow tonight. I really hope it is just flurries. I can't even think about adding more snow to what we have already. I think the goal is to see if the birdbath gets buried this year. Stay warm everyone!

No comments: