Sunday, February 17, 2008

News From The Kid

He is married now and almost 25.... but we still call him "The Kid". Affectionately, lovingly, and we miss him very much. We are so proud of all he has accomplished - he has his bachelor's from George Washington University and is now doing his second overseas tour. He remembered to call me on my birthday - he is so much better than us with remembering birthdays and special events. He called me back today to give me updates - life is good, temps in the 70's - (it will be 130 by summer). The washing machines were delivered - no more waiting for the cleaners... they can do their own laundry. They have a few stray dogs they have adopted and are taking care of. Things are moving along. He should be promoted to Captain on April 1st. I can't say where he is - but we are grateful for the internet and phone connections that put us in contact with him. His birthday is in late March. Send great birthday thoughts his way!

No comments: