Thursday, March 27, 2008

Guinea Pigs, Cars and Cabin Filters

Charlie supposedly "asked" for a tour of his new home. He was "not content" to stay in his cage or on dad's lap and view his surroundings, so off he went to the master bedroom. Of course, the Master bed is the domain of the cats. Charlie's visit was overseen by "fat cat" Neffie. I think her massive obesity kept her hunter instincts stilled long enough to let him explore without fear of death.

Of course I get sent the photos and want to know was he really protected - one turned back and he would be swiss guinea pig. But I guess it went well and more visits are planned when I am not around.



My car came back from the Dealership. One problem fixed and one not fixed. The problem fixed - the horrible smell is gone. Last week this foul odor waffs it's way into my car. I thought something must have died in the engine. But it turned out to be my "cabin filter". (Who knew I had a cabin filter - craziness). It had gotten wet at some distant point in the past and had grown full of mold and mildew. Yeah, that bad. Then the mold moved into the vents. So they replaced the filter and "smoked out" the vents. The smell is gone. The turn signals - well they still click for awhile after they have turned off despite a parts replacement. And all that with almost 3 inches of snow today. Spring really needs to come!

No comments: