Saturday, June 28, 2008

New Baby Kitten

We had a busy morning. A very unhappy Neffie went to the vet for shots. She sat very nicely on the table and had her nails clipped. But she eyeballed the 3 injection needles and I could see the processing in her mind (those are for ME?!) Then off to home for her and off to the shelter for us.

Neffie has seemed generally okay since Peri died, but the one thing that has not changed is that every day she saves half her wet food for Peri. She waits for Peri to come and after an hour, she comes back and eats the remainder. It is actually very sad. So we have decided to get a kitten. I had thought of going to a breeder, but decided to get one from the shelter. I forgot how much shelters break my heart. The dogs there were so sad. Many turned in by their owners - one was a pair of beagles - an older and younger dog. I wanted to bring them home. I know Q will love a kitten, but a pair of beagles would push his old man buttons!

So initially, I wanted a kitten from the "Flintstones". http://www.lakelandanimalshelter.org/kittenseason.html
Scroll to the middle to see the litter).

But in the end, it was Rosy who stole our hearts. She never stopped purring - she was very content to snuggle with Alan and me. I think she will do fine. She was not ready to come home today - she had just been spayed. So she comes home Thursday July 3rd.

Rosy needs a new name! We are thinking Gunnie (as in Gunnery Sergeant). But Alyssa said we just can't call her Gunnie. We haven't decided yet on a name. Let us know any thoughts you have!

Stay tuned for updates! The picture came from the shelter. Please support your local shelter!

No comments: