Friday, July 13, 2007

Takeoffs and Landings

I love my Apple. I think I have said that before. I especially love the widgits. I know that Vista now has something similar and before that Yahoo had something, but seriously, until my Apple, I never had such really cool stuff. Apple hire me, I can rave to all the newbies about why to get a Mac and be so not technical. Just coolness in itself. So now I am watching Alyssa's airplane fly to Philadelphia via a Widget. From there I will watch it fly to Amsterdam. No, I will not stay up all night watching it fly to Amsterdam (really, I won't, I promise... fingers crossed). Anyway, she is at 29,000 feet and the pilot is flying at 561 mph. I touch the plane on my screen and wish I could touch her just one more time...... So she is taking off "across the pond" and I am landing hard back into life. My baby girl is launched. Lessa was with and I think they have grand plans for living together wherever Lessa is stationed when Aly comes back. But Lessa hopes she finds a school there too. Or she just said that to make me feel better - probably thought - thanks Aly for having me walk with your crying mom through O'Hare.

So now I have my Itunes playing. In the Widgets, I have one that gets me the lyrics. I think I have the most depressing playlist set-up. So I get to listen AND read the lyrics as I watch her plane float through a fake globe. As my friends in my chat rooms would say WTF Bullie. That thought makes me smile. Right now Jewel is singing Again and Again - which is probably the most upbeat of all the songs. This is quickly followed by Leigh Nash's new songs, Just a Little and Ocean Size Love. Ocean Size Love - wow, what talk about hitting a nerve:

I see you right in front of me, as close as you can get

And I pray that you won't leave, this daydream yet


And it might seem much too far, to get back to where you are

But it's close enough, with an ocean size love


So if you can't reach out to me, send a sign across the sea

And I'll pick it up, with an ocean size love



I don't have to worry any more

If I really need you I'll go to the shore

And the thought of you there is my protection


I see you right in front of me, a vision in my head

And I know this is as real, as a daydream gets
And it might seem much too far, to get back to where you are

But it's close enough, with an ocean size love.


and later in the song...


You make no sound, but I can hear you in the wind
I can see this never ends, like the sea, like you for me

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Her new album is great - Just don't listen to it when you are sad.

Let's see next on my playlist is Moments by Emerson Drive, Dreamin' Again by Jim Croce, Raining in Baltimore by Counting Crows, Fallen by Sarah McLaughlin, Hollow Man by the Boat Drunks. and Sideways by Let's Go Sailing (aka LGS). I like their music too. Listed as "alternative" music on Itunes.

Well, I will be following the plane, listening to my stupid playlists, watching the Big Brother 8 live feeds (aka The Hamsters), playing Pokemon Diamond (where the gym leaders in the Eterna Forest are hiding from me, sigh, I can't find them. I am a late comer to this game and am sooo sooo lost) Watch for mastiff updates. he is pouting - he saw the suitcases leave with Aly. I am sure we are in for full blown unhappiness from Mastiff dog - he and I will commiserate together. His feelings are usually fixed with car rides. If only life were so easy. Hugs to all.

No comments: