Friday, December 01, 2006

Berlin Friday

Today was nice in Berlin. I had great difficulty at the Internet cafe. It kept changing the language to German (fancy that, me being in Germany). At the other one I kept saying Ja, Ja, (Yes, Yes), only the Germans and God knows what I agreed to, at this one, well, it didn't ask me for an agreement but after staring at the screen and keyboard in frustration, I just gave up. I now have more compassion for the frustrations of being in a strange land with a strange language. I didn't have my translators to help (Sharon and Alan). So I went for a nap and CNN and dreams of home as Sharon and Alan left me to wander, (I feeling still too unwell to wander in the outdoors.) However, we had great fun picking up medicines at the pharmacy that I can't read and the new ones seem to help. Went to the Block House Restaurant and had a great dinner. Had our picture taken with a "street cow". This one is for Aly. And, I of course, wondered how the Cow made it here from Chicago. Or did the Chicago Cows come from Germany. By the time we discussed it, I was so done with that conversation. LOL.

Sharon leaves at 0630 and we are heading for Dinkelsbuehl in the morning (Saturday), and are staying Hotel Garni Palmengarten... wanted to stay in Rottenburg, but they had nothing open for Saturday... that is what happens when you don't make advance reservations. However, Dinkelsbuhl sounds really fun - planning to try and find Dinah tomorrow. Dinkelsbuhl is called Rottenburg's little sister so I, who always wanted a little sister, should find it enchanting. I hear Chicago got really socked by a snowstorm. Hoping all is safe and warm. I really miss everyone. Take care all. BTW, the; Block House had 2 dogs inside eating with their owners - hmmm, wonder if Q will fit under the table and how can we get American restaurants to let us bring our dogs in... Thoughts for the nite.
 
L

1 comment:

Bobbygrz said...

Hi Lorene,
Sounds like you still arn't feeling all that well. Too bad as there so much romance on a trip like you two are doing.
By the way there are restaurants here that you can take your dogs in to eat with you. I don't recall the names at this time, but one can find out on line.
Get well and enjoy the rest of your trip.

Love, Betty and Bob