Thursday, November 30, 2006

Berlin

Arrived in Frankfurt yesterday at 1530 and actually made the train to the main station and then the 1613 train to Berlin. Everything worked with great German efficiency. We arrived at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, where we told "So Sorry, no reservations for Alan". So they were very helpful and we found we were at the Holiday Inn several miles away. They have the SMALLEST elevator I have ever been in. Seriously, I think the MRI machine is bigger. Sharon's plane was delayed and she arrived just before 1am.

Today was very active - we had a lovely breakfast at the Mercedes Dealership! So Alan has picked out his next car. We then got our bus pass and went to see several sights. I have a terrible cold still and the day is a blur, but I have pictures! I will post later - sorry to keep you all waiting. (Ok, one picture is of me and Sharon holding hands in the dealership. She has very warm hands, and I am very cold here.) Alan had to take a picture. What can I say he is very warped.

We visited 2 wonderful hotels. The Radisson in East Berlin, with a fish tank that takes up the entire 5 Stories of the Atrium of the Hotel (Richard, you would love this). It is very cool. Made me think of Mission Impossible. Then we visited the Adlon Hotel (that Sharon bought stuff at and then left on a bus, but at least she put the expensive ring in her purse). Then to the Brandonburg Gate, Petting the carriage horses, the Soviet Memorial, and several stops for rests.

Tonight we are off to East Berlin to "The Opera House" to see Swing, Swing, Swing. Talk to you later.

Lorene

No comments: