Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Years, Lake Pokegama, Grand Rapids, Minnesota

Spending a quiet New Years Eve with my mom and dad in Minnesota. Sitting at the dining table, I happened to glance up to see that God had graced us with a beautifully colored sky. Really, the color tone of the picture is not "off." It really was that color for about 5 minutes.


Today we say goodbye to 2006 and hello to 2007. I think I am going to miss 2006. For all it's trials and tribulations, I worry that 2007 will bring more than ever before. 2006 was a time of healing for everyone from 2005. The exciting project of rebuilding the comm center at work, which included lots of stress - but the new center came together and we all got through it.




Some people got healthier (dad and me). Some got sicker (mom and Jesse). So, for 2007, I have decided to try and appreciate the moments that are given to us, one at a time - and not worry about what may be coming around the bend. To celebrate family and friends. To remember to say how much I love and appreciate my friends and family.

Happy New Year - I wish everyone a blessed, safe and healthy New Year.

Love,
Lorene

No comments: