Monday, November 27, 2006

Dublin Monday Nite

Today was fairly eventful. Arrived in Dublin and we went to the Internet cafe to fix last nights blogs from the hotel room. After that we came out to rain and cold. We popped into a Starbucks for hot chocolate to wait it out. Met some 16 year old girls and talked about schooling differences from Ireland to the US. Definately interesting. Then off to Dublin Castle for a tour. I think Alan wants a Throne Room!

Then the rain cleared, and more walking, walking, walking. I had trouble making the sales people understand me. I found it is more like the US here than not. I bet when you dial 411 the phones probably say "press 1 for English, press 2 for Russian" or something like that. There is definately the same issues everywhere.


I took this great picture of Alan outside St. Patrick's church.













Then we were off to find our favorite restaurant Wagamama for dinner (picture of Alan at Wagamama our favorite noodle restaurant), then shopping at the mall.















Then we were off to find the Hagen-daz - (which I had failed to notice earlier that all seating was OUTSIDE, on METAL chairs.) The picture of me is with my delicately perched behind being held off the metal as Alan didn't want to eat his ice cream with me standing. So here are today's pictures.









Finally, the last picture is the adult store - we didn't go in, but Alan found the name amusing. So, this picture is for you mom. Missing everyone. Love to all!

No comments: