Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Soldier's Homecoming

Spent Veteran's Day (11/11/06) in Colorado Springs, Colorado where Alan and I got to welcome AJ home from Iraq. It was a wonderful ceremony. See video below: (Sorry for any bad quality - we did it with a digital camera, and to get it on Youtube, had to compress it quite a bit). We are all proud of him and Saturday was about him coming home. We waited in the gymnasium for what seemed forever, and then there they came. And the emotion, well, it can't be described. Happiness for those who came home and sorrow for those who did not. Pride in our Country, and in our young men and women. While waiting they played Lee Greenwood's song, God Bless The USA and the refrain runs through my head.

From Lee Greenwood's God Bless the USA:
And I'm proud to be an American where as least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
And I'd gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today.
'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land God bless the USA.


No comments: