Monday, January 15, 2007

Germany Again

Alan and Alyssa are planning a trip to Germany. Well, okay, Alan is doing the planning and Alyssa is going with. She is supposed to help, but somehow, it seems to be all one sided right now. Charlie is a little worried that his main source of food is leaving him again. I tried reassuring him that I would be right here (after all, I make sure he has the best bedding, the best hay and the freshest veggies. I just get NO CREDIT for it. Typical mom fare.)



I fed Q at 6:30 (Wheel of Fortune is his timer) and on the sound of the hard food hitting the bowl, Charlie asked for parsley. A few stalks and a pet and he was happy. Then dad came home and after hearing his voice Charlie set up a wheeking. A few more stalks of parsley to let him know he is loved and a promise that Germany is still a month and a half away. He is settling down for the night. I expect one more round of talking and popcorning before finally settling.

That's the nice thing about Guinea Pigs. They are NOT nocturnal. They actually sleep all night long and seem to keep a schedue with us. I don't trust the dog within licking range of him though.

So this Germany schedule looks to be completely different. For one thing they are hoping the Igloo Hotel will be open.. Guests are provided with sleeping bags rated to 40 degrees below zero to sleep in. I, the always cold one, would not want to stay there. Alyssa will turn 20 in Germany and they will post to this blog when they get there. RIGHT ALAN!!!! I have a month to teach them. Wish me well. I'll have to deal with a mad piggie, a crazed=depressed mastiff and completely manic cats. (Did I mention the fat cat begs for food - and learned it from Alan - and the dog didn't beg for food until after seeing the cat do it and when sent to banishment was left wondering "Why Me". So, I am wondering why I agreed to stay home. (Oh yeah, now I remember, promises of a great trip to Key West in May!) So I am off to bed to dream of warmth, sunshine and pleasant times. Have a good night all.

No comments: